In the same way that some Muslim clerics bear direct responsibility for inspiring violence against western countries so too President Obama, Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and groups like Black Lives Matter bear direct responsibility for inspiring violence against the police officers of this nation.
My heart goes out to the families of the police officers who lost their lives today in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. But just as Islamic terrorism against western nations will not stop until we attack the sources of its inspiration so too Black terrorism against police will not stop until we remove the sources of its inspiration.
And please do not think I am advocating for any violence against our President or black leaders like Al Sharpton and Jackson. By “remove” I mean we need to shame these men and these groups publically for the violence they have been inspiring for many years against police.
For decades characters like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have fomented black hatred of police. The problem in their view was not that blacks commit crimes at vastly larger rate in proportion to their population – the problem was police profiling. Then our nation elected its first black president and instead of focusing on the problems in the black community that cause crime (like the breakdown of the family) this President chose to focus on police profiling. This President has directly fomented violence against police by giving credence to the falsehoods of people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and groups like Black Lives Matter.
We must attack the ideologies that inspire violence
In both Islamic terrorism and now in recent Black terrorism we must realize the enemy is an ideology. We cannot stop “lone wolfs” or small groups of blacks or Muslims who want to strike fear in the population at large or police in particular. What we must do is attack the ideology that inspires these people to do the heinous things that they are doing.
Here are five things we can do to fight this propaganda war to destroy the sources of inspiration for these evil acts:
- Any groups which promote violent acts to terrorize citizens or police must be hunted down and brought to justice.
- Any websites that promote terrorism toward citizens or police must be shut down or we need target them with cyber warfare.
- Even groups like Black Lives Matter that do not directly promote violence but whose ideologies are indirectly inspiring terrorist acts against citizens or police must be defunded and called out as inspirations for these acts.
- We also need to shout from the roof tops and put in perspective the statistical facts for black citizens about the hugely disproportionate amount crime which comes out of the black community which makes race a factor in crime profiling.
- We need to help the black community redirect its anger and frustration with police profiling back at the problems within its own community including the fact that 90% of blacks in this country are killed by other blacks.
Black anger needs to be directed inward
The last point I just made is about the need to help blacks redirect their anger and frustration with the police back at the problems in their own community. I recently wrote a post entitled “How can we blame Police for having bias against blacks?” in which I detailed the fact that while blacks only make up 13% of the population of the United States they are responsible for more than 50 percent of murders and robberies as well as 40 percent of cop killings.
I had responses from many black people telling me that they were tired of being profiled such as being followed in stores or being pulled over by police without what they believed to be proper cause. I understand that American blacks may be frustrated by these types of things in the same way American Muslims may be bothered for being profiled.
But American Blacks and American Muslims both need to do the same thing. They need to direct their anger and frustration inward at their own communities and those in their communities that are the CAUSE for this profiling.
The need to work in their own communities doing these four things I mentioned in my article “How can we blame Police for having bias against blacks?”
- Encourage the rebuilding of the black family unit
- Discourage dependence on government
- Get blacks back into church
- Support law enforcement officers and get tough on crime
As far as profiling goes these three things MUST be accepted:
Profiling does not cause crime, crime causes profiling.
Profiling does not cause terrorism, terrorism causes profiling.
Profiling is not racism or bigotry but rather it is a common sense approach to crime and terrorism.
We need a president that instead of saying we have a “police problem” needs to say we have a “crime problem in the black community”. The fact is that 99% of cops do their job and are not bad apples. We cannot have a President and groups like Black Lives Matter who whip up an entire racial community against the 1% of bad apples among police to the point where police officers are literally being assassinated.