Below are 10 things every Christian husband must “unlearn” that men are taught by our post-feminist culture in order to unleash and fully realize the masculine nature that God designed him with:
- You must unlearn thinking that it is impossible for a man to support his family on his own.
- You must unlearn thinking that is wrong for a man to exercise complete control over the finances in his home.
- You must unlearn thinking that that it is wrong for you to try to control your wife.
- You must unlearn thinking that that it is wrong for you to rebuke and discipline your wife.
- You must unlearn thinking that you must get permission from your wife for anything.
- You must unlearn thinking that is wrong for you to help your wife formulate her worldview, including her view of how the roles of husband and wife play out in marriage.
- You must unlearn thinking that it is selfish to want to mold your wife to your preferences, including but not limited to – having her cook the food you like, wearing the clothes you like and keeping her hair the way you like it.
- You must unlearn thinking that it is selfish to want to spend time away from your wife whether just in solitude by yourself or with other men.
- You must unlearn thinking that it is selfish for you to spend time and money on hobbies you enjoy as a man.
- You must unlearn thinking that it is selfish to want sex from your wife whenever and however you so desire it, even when she is not in the mood.
To learn more about how to unleash and fully realize your God given nature as a man go to my podcast site BGRLearning.com. There you can listen podcasts that will teach you straight out of the Bible what it means to be man and you can let God’s Word wash away your post-feminist cultural conditioning.
5 thoughts on “10 Things Every Christian Husband Must Unlearn”
Thanks Larry! Keep up the good work!!
We’ve been lounging around the plush palace of the USA so long that we’ve adopted the Queen’s way of life and haved ceased breeding warriors. We are soft like Rehoboam.
Is it selfish for a woman to spend money on hobbies that she enjoys? I earn small amounts of money when hosting my children’s friends at my home and I have spent some of the money on art supplies for myself. I enjoy painting and drawing and I occasionally need to buy replacements for supplies.
I have been called selfish for doing so when I have only ever used my own earnings to finance them.
No I do not think it is selfish for a woman to desire to spend some money on some hobbies she has. The Bible says Proverbs 31:31 says “Give her of the fruit of her hands..” and this means that husbands certainly should allow their wives to have an allowance, whether it be money they earn from some side gig they work from home, or just the husband giving them money in appreciation for all the work they do around the house.
But my point in this article was not about women being selfish. It was about wives accusing men of being selfish for investing their hobbies (hunting or other things).
I’m new to this site. I’m a young Christian woman and believe this is what I want from life. I’m ready to be married and completely submit to my future husband. I would love to meet the perfect man. Maybe he’s lurking on here lol
There is no “perfect man” anymore than there is a “perfect woman”. But welcome anyway…lol.