Were the American founders wrong for not building in safe guards against secularism? Is there a way to have freedom of religion and at the same time guard against secularism? I believe the answer to both these questions is YES.
Nations from the dawn of human civilization have been built on three pillars much like the three legged stool I have pictured at the top of this article. These three pillars are a common religion, a common ethnicity and a common language. The more diversity you have in any of these three areas the weaker the unity of your nation becomes eventually leading to its collapse.
In my previous article “Is Ethno-Nationalism a Sin against God or by His design?” I gave this quote by Victor Davis Hanson from his article in National Review entitled “America: History’s Exception”:
“The history of nations is mostly characterized by ethnic and racial uniformity, not diversity.
Most national boundaries reflected linguistic, religious, and ethnic homogeneity. Until the late 20th century, diversity was considered a liability, not a strength…
Countries, ancient and modern, that have tried to unite diverse tribes have usually fared poorly. The Italian Roman Republic lasted about 500 years. In contrast, the multiracial Roman Empire that after the Edict of Caracalla in AD 212 made all its diverse peoples equal citizens endured little more than two (often violent) centuries.
Vast ethnically diverse empires such as those of the Austro-Hungarians, the Ottomans, and the Soviets used deadly force to keep their bickering ethnic factions in line — and from killing each other.” 
In that article on ethno nationalism I argued that America’s change from laws protecting ethnic homogeneity (via the 1790 Naturalization Act) have led to a weakening of the American nation and fractures along ethnic lines. Why? Because even though we have tried to stamp out racial hatred (which is good thing) you cannot stamp out racial clustering in other words, racial preference. I showed statistics in my article “Is Self-Segregation a Sin?” that the vast majority of people of all ethnicities prefer to marry and live around people of their own ethnic group and this natural racial preference among human beings will inevitably lead to division in a nation.
So this common ethnicity, one of the three pillars that is crucial to any nation’s unity, has been badly weakened over the last century and it is continuing to degrade more each year.
In this article I want to talk about another pillar that is essential to national unity and that is common religion.
Why America’s Founding Fathers Wanted Freedom of Religion
The first amendment to the United States Constitution reads:
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.”
The founding fathers gave us this to protect the people from state churches like the Anglican Church in England as well as state churches that existed in the American colonies.
One the greatest champions for religious freedom and separation of Church and State was a Baptist minister name John Leland(1754-1841). Hundreds of Baptist ministers had been imprisoned throughout the colonies for “disturbing the peace” or in other words not going along with the Anglican or Congregational state churches in various colonies. John Leland brought the plight of these Baptist ministers to the attention of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison. James Madison had already heard of Baptist imprisonments in Virginia and was fighting for their freedom in there.
In order to secure the support of Leland and his many Baptist followers in Virginia, James Madison had to promise Leland that he would add specific protections for religious liberty to the new Constitution. This is why Leland is credited by many historians as the greatest influence of religious liberty on Madison and therefore the first amendment.
In 1790, a year before the first amendment and the rest of the Bill of Rights was ratified Leland wrote:
“The notion of a Christian commonwealth should be exploded forever. … Government should protect every man in thinking and speaking freely, and see that one does not abuse another. The liberty I contend for is more than toleration. The very idea of toleration is despicable; it supposes that some have a pre-eminence above the rest to grant indulgence, whereas all should be equally free, Jews, Turks, Pagans and Christians.” 
In 1791 Leland again wrote:
“Is conformity of sentiments in matters of religion essential to the happiness of civil government? Not at all. Government has no more to do with the religious opinions of men than it has with the principles of mathematics. Let every man speak freely without fear–maintain the principles that he believes–worship according to his own faith, either one God, three Gods, no God, or twenty Gods; and let government protect him in so doing, i.e., see that he meets with no personal abuse or loss of property for his religious opinions. Instead of discouraging him with proscriptions, fines, confiscation or death, let him be encouraged, as a free man, to bring forth his arguments and maintain his points with all boldness; then if his doctrine is false it will be confuted, and if it is true (though ever so novel) let others credit it. When every man has this liberty what can he wish for more? A liberal man asks for nothing more of government.” 
And in 1804 Leland Wrote:
“Experience, the best teacher, has informed us, that the fondness of magistrates to foster Christianity, has done it more harm than all the persecutions ever did.” 
Were America’s Founding Father’s Secularists?
While men like Thomas Jefferson and John Leland were champions of religious liberty they were not the advocates of a purely secular government as some of their statements have made them look. We need to look at their actions, not just their words to see what they truly meant.
In a speech he gave at at Beeson Divinity School on May 2nd, 2000 Richard Land made the following historical observation comparing Jefferson and Leland’s words on separation of church and state to their actions:
“Clearly, Jefferson saw no contradiction between his concept of church and state separation and having a gift personally presented to him at the White House with a promise of continued prayer by a prominent Baptist preacher on the morning of the very day he wrote to the Danbury Baptist ministers, and less than 48 hours later attending a Sunday morning worship service where that minister — John Leland — preached from the Speaker’s podium in the well of the U.S. House of Representatives” 
Were there secularists among the founders like Thomas Paine? Yes. But the truth is it can be easily proven by their diaries, personal letters and public statements that the vast majority of the founders were indeed Christians.
In response to Thomas Pain’s “Age of Reason” John Adams wrote:
“The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue, equity and humanity, let the Blackguard Paine say what he will.” 
And Adams was not the only founder to attack Paine’s secularist views. Samuel Adams, Benjamin Rush, Charles Carrol, Patrick Henry, William Paterson and John Jay were amongst just a few of many founders who condemned Paine for his work. Zephaniah Swift stated at the time the following of Paine’s work:
“He has the impudence and effrontery to address to the citizens of the United States of America a paltry performance which is intended to shake their faith in the religion of their fathers.” 
The Error of the First Amendment
As much as Americans cherish the first amendment there was a fundamental flaw in design which came from men like John’s Leland’s “experience”. As we previously noted Leland said that “Experience, the best teacher” regarding his views of the separation of church and state and religious liberty. We also gave his statement that “…Let every man speak freely without fear–maintain the principles that he believes–worship according to his own faith, either one God, three Gods, no God, or twenty Gods; and let government protect him in so doing”.
The problem with this thinking, which also heavily influenced Madison, is that it opened the door open for secularism to poison American culture. If Leland could witness what happened over the next two centuries and “experiance” what happened as a result of having no protection for Christianity or Christian principles in this country I think he might have reconsidered his positions.
The first amendment – which was meant to protect freedom of religion and conscience was actually turned into a weapon by secularists to drive Christians from the public square.
After reading much about his life and what he fought for I can see where Leland was coming from. His intentions were good. I agree 100% with Leland that what the Anglican and Congregational state churches did to Baptists and other Christians was wrong. But Leland and the founding fathers he influenced went too far in the matter of religious liberty.
They could have put protections in for the freedom to practice the Christian faith according to one’s conscience and they could have clearly outlawed state churches.
They could have put moral laws in the Constitution straight from the Scriptures like do not steal, do not murder, do not commit adultery, do not commit fornication as well as protections for family rights and male headship while protecting the right of Christian churches to assemble and worship as they pleased.
Instead they set up a system of government that allowed for secularism, atheism and religious pluralism to eventually erode the unity of the nation. This erosion of common religion among Americans will eventually lead to the end of the great experiment the founders began more than two centuries ago.
The Founding Fathers Believed Our Rights Came From God Not Government
The rights of government, the church and individuals and families do not come from government, they come from God as our American founding fathers so clearly stated in the Declaration of Independence:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government…
We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these united Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States, that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved”
The founders referred to God as our “Creator” from whom our rights come and the “Supreme judge” who will judge our intentions and actions. They were absolutely right in this regard that governments are not the source of rights but instead God instituted government to secure the rights he had given. The Scriptures state:
“4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.”
Romans 13:4 (KJV)
Therefore we can rightly say that Government is there to protect our God given rights and punish those who violate the God given rights of others. It is not the purpose of Government to grant new rights or nullify rights that God grants. When a government becomes “destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government”.
What “Creator” and “Supreme Judge” did the American Founders Have in Mind?
Decades before the American Revolution a young John Adams wrote this in his diary:
“Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. . . . What a Eutopia – what a Paradise would this region be!” 
Then in the decades that followed the birth of our nation this great American founder stated the following in a letter to Thomas Jefferson:
“The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God.” 
What Can We as Bible Believing Christians Do?
As believers we must take a page from the story of Joshua in the Bible.
“14 Now therefore fear the Lord, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the Lord.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
Joshua 24:14-15 (KJV)
America and the Western world have forsaken the God of the Bible, the God of their ancestors, for the false gods of emotionalism, feminism, secularism, humanism, egalitarianism, materialism and education.
We as believers in the God of the Bible must stand faithful in the midst of a faithless generation and follow Joshua’s example that no matter what others did – he and his family would serve the Lord.
But we must also take another page from earlier in Joshua’s story. When the children of Israel were looking to build a new nation a powerful city lay as an obstacle in their path and that was the city of Jericho. In Joshua chapter 6 we see that God told them he would destroy the walls of Jericho and all they had to do was follow his commands one of which was to shout:
“2 And the Lord said unto Joshua, See, I have given into thine hand Jericho, and the king thereof, and the mighty men of valour. 3 And ye shall compass the city, all ye men of war, and go round about the city once. Thus shalt thou do six days.
4 And seven priests shall bear before the ark seven trumpets of rams’ horns: and the seventh day ye shall compass the city seven times, and the priests shall blow with the trumpets. 5 And it shall come to pass, that when they make a long blast with the ram’s horn, and when ye hear the sound of the trumpet, all the people shall shout with a great shout; and the wall of the city shall fall down flat, and the people shall ascend up every man straight before him.”
Joshua 6:2-5 (KJV)
We know from the rest of the story that the Israelites followed God’s commands and God caused the walls of Jericho to fall flat to the ground.
In the same way we as Bible believing Christians must shout out against the wickedness of secular humanists, feminists and others who oppose the knowledge of God in our culture. Sadly we must even shout out against those who claim to be Christians but stand in lock step with secularists in opposing a Biblical worldview. We cannot simply stand by in the shadows. God calls us to be a light in a dark place.
Secular humanism, feminism, egalitarianism and a host of other false gods have fortified themselves much like Jericho did. They control the courts, legislatures and media. Only God can take down the stronghold of these false gods that are entrenched in our society. But we must do our part as Christians to call it out until he does and when he does we as Bible believing Christians need to be prepared to go in after God brings the walls down.
The Fatal Flaw of Secular Humanism That Will Bring Down Its Walls
Below is the definition of Secular Humanism from secularhumanism.org:
“Secular humanism is comprehensive, touching every aspect of life including issues of values, meaning, and identity. Thus it is broader than atheism, which concerns only the nonexistence of god or the supernatural. Important as that may be, there’s a lot more to life … and secular humanism addresses it.
Secular humanism is nonreligious, espousing no belief in a realm or beings imagined to transcend ordinary experience.
Secular humanism is a lifestance, or what Council for Secular Humanism founder Paul Kurtz has termed a eupraxsophy: a body of principles suitable for orienting a complete human life. As a secular lifestance, secular humanism incorporates the Enlightenment principle of individualism, which celebrates emancipating the individual from traditional controls by family, church, and state, increasingly empowering each of us to set the terms of his or her own life.” 
Obviously the most glaring flaw of secular humanism is its denial of the existence of God, the creator of all things including humanity. But another flaw that comes from the denial of our creator is that secular humanists fail to recognize the natural consequences for not following God’s owner’s manual – the Bible.
It is absolutely true that God instituted the spheres of “family, church and state” and gave each of them different “controls”. When you remove the controls of these three spheres that God created in any nation eventually that nation will fall.
It would be like having a car and going into the engine and switching all the spark plugs around and switching other plugs for various components and then expecting the engine to function properly. If you don’t follow the design of the car, eventually it will fail.
A critically important control for any functioning nation is the control of family. If parents fail to exercise their God mandated control over their children or husbands fail to exercise their God mandated control over their wives this will cause any nation to eventually crumble. Marriage and family form the bedrock of both churches and nations – without strong marriages and families neither of these other institutions will continue to exist.
While parents today still exercise a small amount of control over their children, husbands for the most part have completely given up all control over their wives. They no longer lead their wives, teach their wives or discipline their wives.
The result is that because men allowed feminism to take control of our nations and because men ceded their ownership of and responsibility over both their wives and daughters we have nations in the Western world that are in moral chaos.
Marriage rates have plummeted since the early 20th century, divorce has skyrocketed, birth rates have declined and of the fewer births we have almost half of them that are born out of wedlock.
This will eventually culminate in the fall of not only the United States, but all of the Western World. Another way of putting this is – when men abandoned their control of women (their wives and daughters) they broke God’s design for this world. They took their hands off the wheel of the car that is civilization and now that car is headed toward a cliff and eventual destruction.
When will the America as We Know It Fall?
The Roman Empire fell about two hundred years after it embraced multiracialism and multiculturalism and it lost its identity as an Italian Roman empire. I predict that the time line will be similar for the United States. The United States began to lose its identity as a nation of northern white European protestant Christians near the end of the 19th century. It was not long after this that secular humanism, multiculturalism and feminism secured strong footholds in American culture. So if we use that as our starting point it is most likely that America as a nation will crumble by the end of the 21st century or by beginning of the 22nd century.
The causes of this collapse could come from any these factors:
- Racial Wars – As Whites in America begin to lose their majority numbers and Africans, Hispanics and other ethnic groups rise this growing diversity of ethnicities will lead to more division and eventually war.
- Secular Humanists vs Christians – As Secular humanists seek to push the Christian faith further and further from American culture eventually lines will be crossed that cause Christians in mass to practice civil disobedience and then eventually military revolt against the secular powers.
- The falling fertility rate – America’s fertility rate is 1.84 which is well beneath the minimum 2.1 to 2.33 that needed just to keep the population rate from falling.
The third reason, falling fertility rates, is the factor which I believe will most likely be the final straw that breaks the back of Western Civilization. Consider these other countries that have even worse fertility rates than the United States:
WorldBank.org reports that Germany’s fertility rate is 1.5, Japan is at 1.5, the UK is at 1.8 and Greece is 1.3.  Below is a chart from WorldBank.org that displays the sharp decline in births across the world.
A recent article from Bloomberg.com actually applauds the decline of its own species:
“So far, the prophets of overpopulation have been defeated by technology. But human ingenuity alone can never deliver a final victory in the battle to feed the world — eventually, population growth will overwhelm the Earth’s ability to provide calories. That’s why in order to put Malthus and Ehrlich finally to rest, a second component is needed — lower fertility rates. To save both the environment and themselves, humans must have fewer kids…
The world is now approaching that magic level, thanks to a phenomenon known as the fertility transition. In most countries, total fertility falls from a high level of about six or seven children to two or below, and stays there. Once smaller families become the norm in a country or region, they very rarely go back up. There are a number of theories for why this happens. The shift from agriculture to urban life means less incentive for families to have kids to work on farms. Urban life also increases the cost of raising a kid. Higher education levels for women, freeing them from traditional gender norms, are probably a big factor as well. Importantly, none of these factors are temporary.” 
Of all the sins Western Civilization has committed at the behest of secular humanists, environmentalists and feminists – the sin against God’s command “to be fruitful and multiply” is most likely to be the cause of their undoing.
It is a simple matter of math and the law of sowing and reaping.
“Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.”
Galatians 6:7 (KJV)
If you sow less children, you will have less children. And if you have less children and continue to have less children eventually your civilization withers up and dies.
And why is a shrinking human population a bad thing? Well think of it this way. How will a business do if it continues year over year to have less customers? It will die. How will a government do if it continues to bring in less taxes each year with the same rates of spending? It will collapse. People don’t think about this. A social safety net is predicated on the fact that you have a larger population of young people to help care for the needs of its older population as well as its poor and disabled. If the younger population is only a fraction of the size of the generations that came before it the social safety cannot be sustained.
So when will world population numbers start to plunge? The approximate year is given at OverPopulationIsAMyth.com:
“The United Nations Population Division (UNPD) is the most reliable source of population statistics in the world, which is why we use their numbers for our videos. And, according to the UNPD, population growth will continue to slow down over the next few decades. In fact, if current trends persist, our growth will halt right around 8 billion by 2045. After that, our numbers will start to fall off, slowly at first, and then faster.” 
So in 27 years we will see the world wide population of the earth begin to decline matching the already declining numbers of Western nations. 2045 will most likely be the beginning of the end for America Western Civilization which will most likely fall by the end of the 21st century.
The New Democratic Christian Theonomic Republics
Out of the ashes of the fall of Western Civilization, I propose that Christians could introduce new Democratic Christian Theonomic Republics.
These new nations like the United States would be a Republic where the rights of both the government and the people are limited by a core set of laws much like our current Constitution. As I said previously and as the American founders once said – our rights as individuals come from God and God has spoken these rights through his Word, the Bible. Therefore this New Constitution would be based explicitly on Biblical moral law or in other words this nation would be a theonomy. This of course would take into account progressive revelation in the Bible and the realization that the Old Covenant has been replaced with the New Covenant.
These new types of Christian nations would not be theocracies– as a theocracy is directly ruled by God through his prophets and only God himself can institute a theocracy as he did with Israel. Also unlike the totalitarian theonomic military dictatorship in the popular fictional “Hand Maid’s Tale” these new nations would still be ruled democratically but within the limits of Biblical law upon which the government’s constitution would be based.
Totalitarian forms of civil government, even Christian forms of totalitarian civil government, violate the purposes for which God designed civil government. Much like we in America currently have three separate but equal branches of government with different rights and powers so too God set up three separate spheres of government with those being the family, the church and the state.
And if you examine the Scriptures closely you will see that the most powerful human authorities God established are those of the father and husband with the husband being most powerful of all. The “power” I speak of with husbands and fathers is that they have power and control over the personal decisions of their wives and children. The government does not have this type of power and neither do church authorities.
But none of these three spheres of authority may usurp power over the others. Each must respect the limits and powers of the other.
One of the most important parts of these new Democratic Christian Theonomic Republics would be safe guards placed in their new Biblically based constitutions.
These constitutions would guard against the rise of secular humanism or feminism ever being able to rise to power again in these nations. To do this, there would be a certain list of interpretations and applications of the Bible which no law and no amendment to this constitution could ever change.
Some example laws for Democratic Christian Theonomic Republics
Below are some example laws I could think of just off the top of my head. I am sure there could be many more. But the most important parts of these laws would be to protect the institution of marriage and by extension the family unit which forms the building blocks for any nation.
- The rights of men to exercise their Christian faith and worship the God of the Bible according to their own consciences shall not be infringed upon by any government entity. The freedom to interpret and apply the Bible and principles and doctrines of the Christian faith are between a man and God. However, in order to guard against certain heresies that would undermine marriage and the family a limited number of interpretations and applications of the Scriptures must be adhered to by all who live within the boundaries of this nation. Those interpretations and applications are spelled out in the points that follow.
- The husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the Church and the wife is to submit to her husband in everything except if he commands her to break God’s moral law or the laws of this nation that do not usurp the authority of the husband and father over his family.
- Children are to obey their parents as long as their parents do not command them to break God’s moral law or the laws of this nation that do not usurp the authority of the husband and father over his family.
- Women are the property of men. This means husbands exercise full ownership over their wives, and fathers exercise full ownership of their daughters and sons. Their ownership over their sons would terminate upon the son reaching the age of manhood.
- A man may not marry a woman without her father’s permission. If her father is dead or the woman is a widow or divorced he should seek out another male relative of the woman under whose authority she has placed herself. Only in rare cases where a woman presents proof to a fellow kinsman defender that her father is unlawfully holding her back from all marriage may a judge decide to forfeit the rights of the father over his daughter.
- If a father or mother are found guilty of engaging in incestuous relations with any of their children they shall be banned from seeing their children again as well as punished in other ways as the judges see fit. If the guilty party is the father, then the judge shall grant temporary ownership of the children to the mother until she can find a new husband.
- A woman may not hold any position which gives her authority over men whether it be public office, in the work place, the church or any other place in society.
- Only adult men who are professing Christians may vote in elections. A woman, whether she is a professing Christian or not, may not vote in any election whether it be local, state or national elections or anything to do with church decision making.
- While all married women are under the authority of their husbands, previously married women whether they be widows or divorced should immediately place themselves back under the authority of their father or if he is dead they should find the closest adult male relative under whose authority they may find protection and guidance.
- Women may not own property and if a woman comes into an inheritance this inheritance comes under the ownership of her husband. If she is without a husband, then this inheritance would remain in a trust until she is wed to a husband to whom she may give herself and her inheritance.
- Only women who make vows of celibacy in service to God may enter higher education. Even then their higher education will be restricted to fields which involve caring for the sick like nursing, nurses aids, medical assistants or the care and education of children such as elementary school teachers.
- If a man willfully and in full neglect of his duties fails to provide his wife with food, clothing and shelter or denies his wife her conjugal rights in marriage she will seek out a kinsman defender to represent her cause to the judges. If the judges agree that willful and intentional neglect in any of these areas has been committed by the husband the judges shall declare the husband’s ownership over his wife to be forfeited and she is free to ask for a divorce. If the neglect extended to the children as well the wife may request that the husband’s ownership of his children be transferred to her until she can find a new husband.
- If a man abuses his wife or children by causing serious bodily injury or life threatening injuries to them or if he willfully places his family in life threatening positions in neglect of his duty to protect them the wife may seek out a kinsman defender to represent her cause to the judges. If the judges agree that the husband rather than protecting his family from harm, has actually placed them in harm by his actions the judges shall declare the husband’s ownership over his wife to be forfeited and she is free to ask for a divorce. If the abuse extended to the children as well the wife may request that the husband’s ownership of his children be transferred to her until she can find a new husband.
- A man may only divorce his wife for adultery or his wife’s denial of his conjugal rights. In either of these cases the woman is sent away without anything but the clothing on her back and she retains no rights to her children as her husband maintains full ownership of them. If adultery is the cause of the divorce, the husband may ask a judge to impose a prison sentence as the judge sees it upon his wife.
- The right of men to keep and bear arms to secure their persons, their wives, their children, their homes and their other possessions may not be infringed upon by any government entity.
- The right of men to pursue through work or ingenuity their own private property including but not limited to lands and women shall not be infringed by any government entity.
- The government shall encourage the formation of private charities for various types of assistance (food, medical care and housing) to the poor. All government approved charities will be required to prove that at least 90 percent of all the funds they take in go directly helping the poor and no more than 10 percent goes to their overhead. Churches will be highly encouraged to participate as private charities. Still penalties and criminal prosecution may be pursued against groups that act as charities but keep a large part of the proceeds for themselves.
- Each man must present proof when he pays his taxes each year that he has donated at least 3.5 percent of his gross income to charitable causes whether it be a local church, a local soup kitchen, homeless shelters or some other cause which helps the poor. If the money was donated to his church, he must prove that the money went to help the poor. Charitable giving to support the operations of the church and its ministries to the poor must be separated. Failure to donate at least 3.5 percent of one’s income to the poor through various approved charities will result in a 10 percent tax penalty collected by the government. These tax penalties for failure to give to the poor will be redistributed to approved charitable organizations.
- The government may only tax for the purposes of providing for law enforcement, public education, public infrastructure, and national defense. The only exception to this rule is the tax penalty allowed for failure to give to charitable organizations that help the poor. Other than this the government is restricted from taxing for the purposes of redistribution of wealth between various income groups.
- All public education is to be conducted in support of Biblical teachings. Only professing Christians may teach religion, philosophy or history programs. If a non-Christian teaches another type of course such as business, science or engineering they may not teaching opinions or philosophies which contradict the Christian faith.
- While no one may be forced to become a Christian or to attend a Christian church, all citizens of the nation must follow the moral laws of the Bible and also the laws of this nation which find their basis and authority in the Bible.
- Non-Christians including those who adhere to other faiths or those who adhere to no faith at all will be tolerated in small numbers provide they do not present a threat to the unity of the Christian faith of the nation. If the number of non-Christians rises to levels which the government deems too high or any one group of non-Christians disturbs the peace and unity in a local area, state or throughout the nation government authorities shall have power to remedy this situation through imprisonment or deportation to a non-Christian nation.
A Word to Non-Christians Reading This
If you are a Muslim reading this then what I have wrote here will make a lot of sense since the vast majority of Muslims do not believe in freedom of religion in a nation as most Americans believe in. But to secular humanists reading this the questions they will ask are “what if you took these same rules and applied them to Muslim nation, Hindu nation or some other non-Christian nation? Does the ideology that a nation is built around common religion, common ethnicity and common language still apply to them?”
Before I give the answer to your question I want to share with you a statement from the Apostle Paul that is found in his first letter to the Corinthians:
“20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.”
I Corinthians 9:20-21 (KJV)
So in the words of the Apostle Paul – I am going to answer your questions on your level as a secular humanist (one who is does not believe in the law of God).
The answer to your questions is YES. The same formula of common religion, common ethnicity and common language applies to all nations whether the majority of its citizens are Christian or not. If the common religion, common ethnicity and common language of a nation is not protected by its government that nation will eventually fall. All three are necessary for the survival, stability and security of any nation.
I have worked alongside many Muslims and Hindus over the years as a software developer. While I consider their faiths to be false because I consider the Bible’s description of the character of God and the Christian faith to be far superior to those faiths, I will admit in the vast majority of cases they have strong marriages and a strong family ethic. If a religion, even a false religion, promotes the sanctity marriage and family and a nation protects that religion as the common religion of the people it will in most cases lead to a more stable and secure nation.
Secular humanism, which in my opinion is actually a religion of sorts with the natural world and humanity as its god, does not pass this test. Secular humanism leads to the weakening of marriages and the family unit. Therefore even if a nation decided that it would be a secular humanist nation and it outlawed all religion (as many communist countries did) trying to unite the people around the common philosophy of secular humanism it would eventually fail. The reason is that secular humanism by overemphasizing individualism and trying to take off the controls of the family actually weakens marriage and the family and in doing so it undermines its own society.
We can look back to the history of nations and see that nations that are not united around common religion, common ethnicity and common language ultimately fail. Not only must nations share and protect these things but they must also promote the sanctify of marriage and the family as the building blocks of society, otherwise they too will perish.
The Christian faith and the Christian Bible are vastly superior to all other religions and ideologies in giving us a blue print for the sustainability of marriage and the family and thus the sustainability of nations.
The Bible tells us in Psalm 33:12 “Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord…” but it also tells us in the book of Acts 5:29 that “We ought to obey God rather than men.” Only a Democratic Christian Theonomic Republic whose Constitution and laws are founded in the Bible and which protects the Christian faith from non-Christian interference can allow Christians to live in a culture where they never have to practice Acts 5:29.
America will not be an exception to history’s rule and neither will the rest of the Western world. We as Christians must prepare our children who can then prepare our grandchildren for the future that is coming unless God directly intervenes in this world before that time.
I have added some additional quotes(with references below) to statements from John Leland who was a highly influential Baptist preacher. He sought religious liberty and protections after Baptists in the colonies had been so badly treated by the state Anglican and Congregational churches. He was one of the greatest influences on Madison and the other founders in creating the First Amendment in the Bill of Rights.
 V. Davis, “America: History’s Exception”, National Review, 2017. [Online]. Available: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/436347/america-melting-pot-immigrant-culture-made-country-great.
 John Leland, arranged by L.F. Greene, “The Writings of the Late Elder John Leland: Including Some Events in His Life”, G.W. Wood, 1845 [Available as Free Ebook Online]. Available: https://books.google.com/books?id=bMAiAAAAMAAJ&#v=onepage&q&f=false. Pg. 118
 Ibid, Pg. 184
 Ibid, Pg. 278
 Dwayne Hastings, “Religious freedom champion John Leland also active in public policy, Land says”, Baptist Press, 2000. [Online]. Available: http://www.bpnews.net/5785/religious-freedom-champion-john-leland-also-active-in-public-policy-land-says.
 John Adams, The Works of John Adams, Charles Francis Adams, editor (Boston: Charles Little and James Brown, 1841), Vol. III, p. 421, diary entry for July 26, 1796.
 Zephaniah Swift, A System of Laws of the State of Connecticut (Windham: John Byrne, 1796), Vol. II, pp. 323-324.
 John Adams, Works, Vol. II, pp. 6-7, diary entry for February 22, 1756.
 Thomas Jefferson, The Writings of Thomas Jefferson (Washington D. C.: The Thomas Jefferson Memorial Association, 1904), Vol. XIII, p. 292-294. In a letter from John Adams to Thomas Jefferson on June 28, 1813.
 “What Is Secular Humanism?” SecularHumanism.org. [Online]. Available: https://secularhumanism.org/index.php/3260
 “Fertility rate, total (births per woman)” Data.Worldbank.Org, 2018. [Online]. Available: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN
 N. Smith, “The Population Bomb Has Been Defused”, Bloomberg.com, 2018. [Online]. Available: https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2018-03-16/decline-in-world-fertility-rates-lowers-risks-of-mass-starvation
 “Episode 5: 7 Billion People: Will Everyone Please Relax?” OverPopulationIsAMyth.com [Online]. Available: https://overpopulationisamyth.com/episode-5-7-billion-people-will-everyone-please-relax/